Sunday, June 17, 2012

       Yesterday was our 2nd free day, so everyone but 3 girls bought tickets to take a tour to Lake Como. We had to be up and at the bus by 8:45, which meant we needed to leave the hotel around 8:05. We left a little late but we made it in time. On the bus, I fell asleep and woke up just in time to see the beautiful sites of Lake Como.
       We had about an hour to explore the city before our boat tour started. While walking around we saw cute shops with beautiful views of the lake. Our time went by fast, so we quickly rushed to the meeting point.

        We were then told that this boat tour was a two hour tour. I was shocked. This was going to be a long day. The tour was nice we saw a lot of pretty sights.




        We told our tour guide to make sure that you point out George Clooney's house. About an hour into the tour she told us to look to the left and the house on the corner was Georges. I saw windows open and I knew he was inside. I asked Bridget to take a picture of "George" & I because this is the closest that I will ever be to him. ( The picture below is his house!)


        Once we got off the boat, we arrived to a town called Bellagio. I needed to get food immediately because I thought I was going to pass out it was so hot. After climbing so many stairs, there was cobblestone streets with shops and restaurants everywhere. When we all finally picked one, we immediately ordered to get our food fast. I got a personal pizza, and it was very good.
          After lunch a few of us went to shop a little. I didn't buy much of anything besides 2 postcards and a little bracelet. Since we ate we only had about a half hour left to look around.
          When we got to the meeting point with our tour guide an old woman came over to the group frantic. She was apart of the tour also, and she said that she had lost her husband. She explained to us that she went to look in a window and turned around and he was gone. My heart immediately felt sympathetic to this woman and our tour guide told us that we weren't allowed to leave without everyone from the group.
          The search party began. Everyone from our tour came together to search for her husband, Peter. She described what he was wearing and told us where she last saw him. While a bunch of us went looking through the main streets, our tour guide went to the ticket booth to make an announcement that we were looking for him.
           About an hour went by and two ferries left our tour guide was told by her supervisor that the next ferry we needed to be on it. The woman was so upset she didn't know what to do. She didn't know if she should stay in the city and continue the search, or get on the ferry and see if he was on the other side. When the next ferry came (in about 5 minutes) she made her decision quickly, that she would come on the ferry with us and see if Peter was there.
          This ferry ride was only about 10 minutes (thank god) and reminded me of the ferry that I would take home from school. It allowed passengers and cars to take the ferry, just like the one I take. When we arrived at the other side, this woman and our tour guide went to the ticket booth to see if Peter was inside. We received word that he wasn't. Everyone on the tour was very worried and hoped that he was okay.
          A few minutes later the tour guide and the wife came over with smiles on their faces. The tour guide then told us that Peter was on the other side and would be on the next ferry to meet us where we were. Everyone was so relieved that he was okay. Then our tour guide asked us if we were okay to wait 20 minutes for the ferry to get back to the island and get to us. Everyone in unison agreed that we would wait. We were then told that she needed to call her supervisor to ask if it was okay that we were going to wait to come back to Milan.
       She received a phone call and came back smiles. We were allowed to wait for Peter! Everyone was standing around to see the old couple reunite. Bridget told us that she was going to take pictures of them reuniting.
       The wife proceed to tell us that she wouldn't be mad at him because she was just glad that he was okay. She then told us that he was a very special man. She had 5 children and he had 4 when they met, and he still agreed to marry her and take her children like they were his own. This really touched everyones heart.
      Soon the ferry was approaching and we were able to spot Peter by the description of his outfit. This was just like a movie scene. Peter got off the ferry and started to jog to give his wife a huge hug! A bunch of us started to tear up. (it was so cute) When we got on the bus he thanked us because we waited for him.

      Today was a very relaxing HOT day. I woke up around 10:15 so I would be able to get to breakfast by 10:30. After breakfast Stephanie, Blaine, Julie and I decided that we should go shop a little by Duomo. We got ready and were out the door by 12:15.
      When we got there it was so hot. I was sweating and I didn't even do anything yet. The first store we went to was Zara. I've never been before, and the store was huge. They had 3 floors of different options, so naturally I couldn't find anything.
       Next we went to Gap and I found some regular tshirts and a belt that I could wear with anything. Then we went to H & M, and something great happened. Demi Lovato was on the radio! I was so happy that she is popular here and immediately started to sing the words to the song. I also found a pair of cute jean shorts, because I desperately needed a new pair.
      After all this shopping we were so hot and tired we needed coffee. We went to a place called American Cafe and on the side of the window it said the "american coffee experience". I was so excited to get some iced coffee. When I looked at the menu I saw they had iced caramel macchiato I made my decision. When I took a sip it was like heaven. It was so good, until after the 3rd sip and it wasn't even cold. I went to the counter and asked the barista if I could have more ice. He gave me a weird look and only gave me 2 ice cubes! How can I have a cold drink if there isn't any ice in it!
      This ended my exciting day, and from then on I did homework, then went to a meeting with everyone on the trip and then I had my group meeting about our Mila Schon project. Now I need to pack for Florence, where there will be no internet! My next blog will not be until Saturday!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment